Record Storage Systems is seeking a highly-motivated, technical individual for the position of IT Assistant. The IT Assistant provides support for all internal computer servers, hardware, software, network, and applications, as well as assists with duties under the direction of the IT Manager. The IT Assistant will also provide technical support for client who utilize electronic document management software, functions, and workflows. A qualified candidate is an ambitious self-starter who enjoys problem solving and troubleshooting, with excellent time management and dedication to issue resolution. Job Responsibilities
- Assist IT Manager in maintaining in-house computer servers, network, desktops, software, and hardware. This includes installing, diagnosing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Support development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations.
- Offer support for management, maintenance, and performance of on-premise databases and cloud software/workflows.
- Work directly with IT Manager to provide software support to customers, assisting with the development and implementation of electronic document management and workflow software.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, and implement corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalate to IT Manager as appropriate.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future information technology needs within the company.
- Two-year associate’s degree in computer science or technology-related coursework
- 1-2 years prior experience in technology-related field. May require the knowledge of a variety of hardware as well as software, programming, and operation systems.
- Experience with VM technology preferred.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network and PC hardware, including Microsoft platforms.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.